Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Back in the Saddle

One of my goals for the upcoming year is to get more involved in the trading scene, and I was able to get off to an early start, thanks to Robert at $30 a Week Habit. I had made a trade with him earlier this year, and when I saw he needed some 2012 Topps Update, I was more than happy to offer a trade.

I collect Braves, Twins, and Yankees as my main team collections, and Robert did not disappoint with these goodies, which arrived on Christmas Eve:

The highlight of this trade for me is the Denard Span 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome, #'d 485/559.  Span was my favorite player on the Twins, and although he will be with the Nats next season, I'll still be a fan and collect his cards. Robert sent quite a few numbered goodies, such as the 2006 Upper Deck Chris Heintz #44/99, the 2006 Moments and Milestones Andruw Jones #'d 114/150, the 2010 Topps Chrome Purple Jair Jurrjens #'d 75/599, and the 2009 Bowman Blue Xavier Nady #'d 21/500. The Mike Minor Topps Chrome refractor was a card I'd been missing, and the 2 Roger Clemens inserts were a welcome addition. Robert also included some other base cards from the 3 teams which will help out my team collections.

All in all, a very successful trade, and I'm already looking forward to the next one. Thanks again Robert, and as always, I'll give you first dibs on any Blue Jays stuff I find.

Until next time,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment