Friday, January 11, 2013

Weekend Musings

Looks like blizzard conditions and up to 8 inches of snow are forecast in my area this weekend, so I should be able to get caught up on adding my recent trade acquisitions and card shop purchases to my collection.

Speaking of the card shop, I did make another visit today and finished going through some more baseball boxes. No major finds, perhaps the best being a 1982 Donruss Diamond King of Dale Murphy that somehow I didn't already have. I picked up 25 more Braves, 18 Yankees, and 28 Twins. I'll see how good of a memory I have once I sort them...hopefully I will be adding to the collection and not adding to my trade pile.

Thanks to everyone for your comments, e-mails, and for following my blog. I appreciate the interaction and am glad I decided to finally start blogging. With all due respect to the trade forums, I've found the blogging community much more friendly, welcoming, and overall easier to deal with.

One last thing for tonight--I am in need of a new header design. I do not have Photoshop on my new laptop and am one of the least artistically talented people you will meet. So if any of you have the artistic talent I lack, and some free time, I have some cards I can offer in exchange for a new design. I'd like to have it incorporate the BBC logo, like some of the examples found here. If you'd like to create the new design, send emails to buildingabettercollection AT gmail dot com.

Until next time,

Ryan

3 comments:

  1. Based on your blog name, I would have a crane, holding a centerpiece of your card collection, moving it to the top of a house of cards.

    I'm more of an idea man, though, but I am sure someone else around here could bang out the actual image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! I never thought of it that way, as I was more fixated on an acronym over anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your site has now been added to the Sports Card Blogroll.

    Sincerely,

    JayBee Anama
    bdj610

    ReplyDelete