Around the first part of December, I was down to 12-15 cards to finish off the 2015-16 Upper Deck Series 1 and 2 hockey base sets, and an eBay seller had a great deal on the singles I needed. Fast forward to a few days later, the cards were in my possession and my sets were finished (or so I thought).
As I was putting the newly acquired set finishers in their respective boxes, I started noticing quite a few gaps in the card numbering. I took the cards out, sorted through them, and jotted down about 25-30 numbers that I did not have after all, and started kicking myself for not doing a better job of keeping track of my set completion earlier on.
Tonight I was rummaging around a couple of 100-count boxes, unsure of what exactly was in them. The last cards in the back were from 2015-16 Upper Deck Hockey, and I wondered what they were doing in this box, as my huge double and triple lot was in another box.
Sure enough, what I found were the cards I was missing after I received what I thought were the final singles from eBay. I picked up a couple of blasters from Wal-Mart around Christmas time, and set what I needed aside in a 100-count box to be put away another day. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess...
Although finding that $20 bill would come in handy right about now, I'm glad I was able to cross two more sets off the list.
I've got a lot of 2015-16 Series 1 and 2 for trade, so if anyone out there still needs to finish sets, hit me up and I'll gladly trade. I don't have any 2016-17 Upper Deck Series 2 as of yet, so that is something I'd be interested in.